There is nothing so luxurious as a freshly made bed, particularly at a Four Seasons resort. Known for being some of the most upscale, most high-end resorts and hotels in the world, the Four Seasons is not a place you find just anyone. It’s the type of hotel you find famous faces, wealthy patrons and those who live their lives with the expectation that things will be done for them a very particular way on a daily basis. A bed not made well is not something that guests at the Four Seasons tolerate. In fact, many come home directing their staff to learn to make beds in this manner so that they are able to ensure their master bedroom and guests rooms have the same aesthetic appeal as their favorite resorts.
The staff at the Four Seasons George V hotel in the lovely city of Paris know that there is nothing like a bed made their very unique way. That’s why they’ve come up with an idea that will help their patrons learn to do the same. Teaching their guests to make the bed the way that is expected is a simple process, and it’s far easier than one might imagine. Just follow these step-by-step instructions using the following video as guidance and you, too, can sleep at night knowing your bed is as luxurious as humanly possible.
- Begin by always placing the sheet on the bed before anything else. Once the sheet is equal on all sides, you’ll ensure that it is tucked tightly between the mattress and the boxspring of the bed without any wrinkles and without any imperfections. The goal here is to make the bed impeccably. You’ll do this by folding the corners of the sheets upward, tucking in the bottom and then bringing the rest down for a perfect fold.
- The next step is to be sure the duvet is perfect. We all know this can be a difficult task when it comes down to fitting the duvet into the cover, but it’s not as difficult as we might imagine. Take two corners and place them into the duvet. The next step is to move the two corners of the duvet into the top two corners of the duvet cover. Take the corners and hold them together and merely shake the rest of the duvet and cover a few times until it is perfectly placed, soft and meticulous.
- Secure the final two corners of the duvet into the cover and place it on the bed. Be sure there is not too much one side of the bed and not enough on the other. The goal here is to keep the duvet even on all sides for a perfect look.
- A perfect pillow requires just a bit of talent. You’ll take the open ends of the pillow case and tuck them into themselves to achieve this goal. It sounds far more difficult than it is, and the result is amazing.
- Check to ensure there are no wrinkles, no imperfections or anything that might not invite you lie down and enjoy a night of beautiful sleep at a moment’s notice.